- Eat Your Books (h/t the kitchn ) – this is a really, really cool concept. You create an account (30-day free trial!) and add the cookbooks you own to your virtual EYB bookshelf. Then, assuming the staff at EYB have already indexed the recipes and ingredient lists from your cookbooks, you will be able to search for a recipe among your entire collection, without having to take each book down from the shelf and flip through it. This could be a huge time saver if you have a number of different cookbooks. And, it may point you to some recipes you wouldn’t have found just by flipping the pages by hand.
- In local dining news: the bar at Bacchus is going retro with some pre-Prohibition era cocktails and Durango will be open for lunch after their grand opening on the 21st.
- Top Chef became one of our favorite TV shows this past season. With the networks doing their dog-and-pony shows this week, there is a little news. Some secrets revealed to Entertainment Weekly followed by two Gail Simmons articles at slashfood (the announcement that Simmons would host Top Chef: Just Desserts, and an interview with her)
- Delicious Days shares their 7 favorite recipes from other blogs in 2009
- In technology, the kitchn posted some kitchen-related highlights from this week’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The Demy is intriguing — too bad it’s out of stock until late Spring.
- My Recipes discusses cooking delicious meals with 5 cheap cuts of meat
Recipes to Try:
Here are the blog recipes this week that I’d like to go back to later:
- Edible Tulip raves about this Radish, Mango and Avocado Salad with Olives, Feta and Parsley
- The Bitten Word points to a recipe that might get me to try cooking turnips: Roasted Turnips with Maple and Cardamom
- Joy the Baker shares her 10 favorite Quick Bread recipes
- Three Many Cooks made beef stew two ways – Oven Pressure Cooked Beef Stew and Oven Slow-Cooked Beef Stew
- Serious Eats is cooking the Make It Fast, Cook it Slow book this week, and the Lemon Chicken looks like a winner
- and, we wrap up with bacon as Saveur shared a recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Baby Potatoes