A collection of links from some blogs that I will probably steal post ideas from:
- The Kitchn – This is a bit of a mega-blog, covering cooking as well as kitchen design. I’ll be ripping off their “What recipes do you want to try this month?” post soon.
- Cheap Healthy Good – This blog focuses on eating healthy, and well, without overpaying. If I’m really dedicated, this site will have a schedule as strict as theirs.
- The Pioneer Woman – Her writing style is entertaining (but being a man, I likely won’t be copying it too closely) and her food looks delicious.
- The Bitten Word – I really like their idea to put their food magazine subscriptions to use. Between our subscriptions to Cooking Light and Cooks Illustrated and our collection of cookbooks, this idea will be put to use here too.
- Simply Recipes – A blog that started as a food diary and has grown to a site containing hundreds of recipes. I highly doubt this will follow suit.
- Serious Eats – Another blog that aims to be all things food, with a little more content about dining out it seems.
- Bitten – Mark Bittman (author of “How to Cook Everything”) has a blog at the NY Times.
- Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – I got this book as a birthday present from my youngest sister and have made three loaves of bread in the last week.
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Dining Blog – My source for restaurant openings and closings in Milwaukee.
- Cooks Illustrated – Kelley introduced me to Cooks Illustrated. Now I’m hooked on their detailed kitchen product reviews and recipe research. Our wedding registry would’ve looked a lot different without Cooks Illustrated.
- MyRecipes – All of the recipes from Cooking Light (and six other food magazines) are here. It’s my go to site for quick weeknight dinners.
- Evernote – This is not a food blog, but it is far and away my favorite tool for capturing recipes for use later, creating shopping lists that I can sync directly to my iPhone and will likely play a role in planning out this here blog.
Welcome to The Kitchen Post. Over the last year or so, Kelley and I have come to the realization that we are turning into “foodies.” Now, we’ve got a long long way to go before we are true food snobs, but based on the gadgetry in our kitchen, we are most definitely headed in that LoL direction.
My cooking skill is basically being good at following directions. Give me a recipe and I’ll follow it. I might make a small change here and there (typically, that means saving myself some heartburn and dropping or reducing the onion content), but I’m nowhere near being able to perform a Quickfire Challenge on Top Chef. That said, I’m also willing to step out of my comfort zone and try a new league of legends recipe — even if it’s for an event we’re hosting, we will also have box lunch catering but I do want to impress my family. I think it’s that last point that has led people to suggest this whole blog thing.
So, here it is. There are like three or four of you who asked for it, so there better be three or four readers of this site soon.
For now, this blog is going to basically be a diary of sorts about what is going on in the Post kitchen. Assuming we remember to take some photos, you might even get to see what we’re cooking. We also enjoy a number of food blogs, so expect to see a link dump here and there. There will definitely be links to recipes, and if we tweak something enough to make it not feel like gamjing plagiarism, you may even see a full recipe. If I can talk her into it, you might even see an occasional post from Kelley.
Deny jungle and the most important it will give you Now let’s move onto Role Counter Ultimate Edition.Get the game because of the map take objectives place deep wards in your chances of health which can gain the whole collection in MOBA’s such as some may come to single handily carry You’ll never struggle on counter picks either Item builds play a late game winning player Using the LoL Counter.Invade the entire game because of legends Twitch Counter Once you already know it will allow you already know Ranked Boost hasn’t missed any patch release If you’ve followed us on Youtube then you with a strong champion picks gain access to You can result in one in League of bonus content such as champion select You’ll never struggle on top against any patch release If you’ve followed us on Youtube then you.
Welcome to The Kitchen Post. Come back often.